UK/NETHERLANDS: Unilever silent over Ragu disposal claims
Unilever said to have contacted companies including Pinnacle, Heinz and Kraft Foods Group
Unilever has refused to comment on reports it is looking to sell off its Ragu pasta sauce brand.
According to a report carried by Bloomberg, Unilever has appointed Morgan Stanley to sell the unit.
Citing sources, the newswire said Unilever expects to sell the brand for between $1.5 billion and $2 billion, two of the people said.
However, a spokesperson for Unilever said the company did "not comment on rumour or speculation" when approached by just-food.
Pinnacle, Heinz and Kraft could not be reached for immediate comment.
Unilever acquired Ragu in 1987. Three years ago, the company sold the UK and Irish rights to Ragu to UK firm Symington's.
The consumer goods giant has been steadily offloading food assets in recent years. Unilever's most recent deal was announced just over a week ago with an agreement to sell meat snacks business to US beef jerky firm Jack Link's.
CEO Paul Polman told analysts in January the group would continue to prune its portfolio in the coming 12 months.
We'd like to hear how you see the outlook for your business in 2014.
Now in its third year, the just-food Confidence Survey provides a snapshot of how you and your colleagues in the industry see the year unfolding. The latest survey is live and takes just a few moments to fill in.
In the coming weeks, we'll be reporting on the highlights from the survey in a free webinar live on just-food.com.
As a thank you for filling in the survey, you'll receive an executive summary detailing the results.
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service ...
H. J. Heinz Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
A new global packaged food player was created in October 2012, as Kraft Foods Inc restructured its operations into two independently listed entities and spun off its North American grocery business un...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report