CHILE: Unilever subsidiary launches sugar free gum in Chile, expects competition
Lever , affiliate of Anglo-Dutch Unilever , made its debut in the Chilean chewing gum market as of January 2001. Lever has introduced dental hygiene gum (sugar free with dental hygiene ingredients), which it is importing from Europe. The total value of chewing gum sales in Chile is estimated to be US$60m per year. Sugar free gum now represents 50% of all gum sales in Chile. According to Lever management there is a global trend toward the use of this type of gum to complement traditional dental hygiene products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO