NETHERLANDS: Unilever takes BID CO to court over margarine
Anglo-Dutch consumer goods conglomerate Unilever is taking a rival company to court in a bid to prevent it producing, selling or distributing a margarine brand in Kenya. Unilever has asked Justice Onyango Otieno, sitting in Mombasa, to stop Bidco Oil Refinery Ltd from manufacturing and selling Gold Band margarine, on the grounds that it infringes the trademark of its own Blue Band.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods