UK: Unilever targets stay-at-home consumers with Magnum Luxury tubs
Unilever launches Magnum Luxury ice cream tubs. Click below for a full image.
Magnum's first venture into tubs reflects a growing number of stay-at-home consumers who still want to treat themselves, despite tough economic times in the UK.
"The luxury dessert market is worth over GBP145m (US$236m) and tub formats are proving increasingly popular," said Unilever's marekting manager for desserts, Anna Spray. Magnum Luxury will come in Chocolate and Vanilla varieties and retail in 450ml tubs for a recommended retail price of GBP3.99.
The UK is the world's tenth-largest ice cream market, with per capita spend and consumption of GBP17 and six litres respectively, according to Mintel data. Its figures show the UK ice cream, sorbet and frozen yogurt market has expanded by almost one fifth over the last five years to reach GBP1.1bn.
Senior Mintel food analyst, Amy Price, said: "Marketing single-serve products around the notion of a one-off permissible treat should allow brands and own-label players to appeal to the growing number of one-person households who are both short on storage space and are reducing their consumption of ice cream for health reasons."
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the larges...
Jobs within Unilever's European business could go as the consumer goods giant restructures its brand development in the region....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016