EUROPE: Unilever to enter European chilled products market soon
Anglo-Dutch consumer products giant Unilever is to enter the European chilled products market in September.
According to chief executive Anthony Burgmans, the company will introduce three alternative dairy cream products to markets in the Netherlands, France and Germany as well as some smaller European countries.
The market for chilled dairy-cream products in the Netherlands is estimated at €1.3bn (US$1.4bn), with growth of 4-5% each year, reported Dow Jones Business News. Unilever did not specify its targets for market share.
Unilever will also launch chilled ready meals in Dutch supermarkets under the Conimex brand. The company estimates the market for chilled ready meals in the Netherlands at €138m.
The new health consciousness of consumers is believed to be one of the reasons for stagnant value growth of ice cream sales in Western Europe. But with new and unusual combinations of flavours, more p...
Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant Unilever is reportedly carrying out a review of its frozen foods division that could lead to the sell-off of brands such as Birds Eye or Carte d'Or....
Anglo-Dutch food and consumer goods company Unilever has reported a fall in profit for the second quarter of 2005 and said it needs to do more to improve its competitiveness in Western Europe....
Unilever will eschew the TV screen and head to the web to launch a new ad campaign for the spray bottle version of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. While the brand may not initially seem an obvious ca...
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Unilever are warning people with allergies not to consumer various Fleischmann's brand margarine products which may contain milk protein not listed on the label...
Anglo-Dutch food and consumer goods giant Unilever has reported rises in sales and net profit for the first quarter of 2005....
Unilever Bestfoods, part of Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant Unilever, has just opened a European innovation centre for sauces and condiments in Dijon....
Unilever Bestfoods is talking to agencies about handling a relaunch of its Colman's mustard and sauce brand, according to trade magazine Marketing....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report