USA: Unilever to Issue EUR 7 Billion in Debt for Proposed Bestfoods Merger
Unilever proposes to raise EUR 7 billion in debt in relation to its agreement to merge with Bestfoods. Unilever is considering Floating Rate Notes (FRNs) with maturities of between 12 and 18 months. The mix of currencies and maturity dates will reflect Unilever's financing needs and investor demand. The debt will have the combined credit strength of both Unilever N.V. and Unilever PLC, but the individual issuer will either be Unilever N.V., Unilever PLC or Unilever Capital Corporation, depending on the currency of the issue. The securities offered will not be or have not been registered under the Securities Act 1933 of the United States and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review