USA: Unilever to sell Bestfoods Baking Company to George Weston Limited for $1.765 billion
Unilever (NYSE: UN, UL) today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to sell the Bestfoods Baking Company to George Weston Limited (TSE: WN) for US$1.765 billion in cash. The transaction, subject to customary conditions including regulatory approvals, is anticipated to be completed in the second quarter 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target