SRI LANKA: Unilever to sell plant to Cargills Ceylon?
Colombo-based food retailer and supermarket chain owner Cargills (Ceylon) Ltd has expressed formal interest in buying the assets of a Wall's ice cream factory. The company initiated legal documentation to purchase buy the site from Unilever Ceylon, which is up for sale valued at 1bn Sri Lanka rupees (US$10.7m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs