USA: Unilever/Bestfoods merger cleared by EU Commission
Unilever's proposed merger with Bestfoods was today approved by the European Commission, allowing the transaction to proceed. As part of the EU clearance decision, Unilever has given commitments to dispose of certain businesses where the Commission has identified overlap issues. These are its Bla Band brand in Sweden, Finland and Denmark; its Batchelors brand in the UK; its McDonnells brand in Ireland; and its Oxo and Royco brands in Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre