USA: Unilever/Bestfoods merger Hart-Scott-Rodino review period expires
Unilever and Bestfoods announced today that the waiting period under the U.S. Hart-Scott-Rodino Act has expired for their proposed merger pursuant to which Unilever has agreed to acquire all outstanding shares of Bestfoods for $73 per share in cash. The waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act refers to the time, after the parties to a merger have filed notification forms, during which they are not allowed to complete the proposed transaction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti