USA: Unilever’s Ben & Jerry’s announces further job cuts
US ice cream maker Ben & Jerry's has announced that it is to cut a further 52 jobs, amounting to 6% of the company's workforce. The Vermont-based company announced in May that it was to close two of its Vermont sites and expand a third, entailing 69 job losses. The restructuring is reported to be in order to bolster the company's leadership position in the increasingly competitive ice cream market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action