USA: Unilever’s Ben & Jerry’s announces further job cuts
US ice cream maker Ben & Jerry's has announced that it is to cut a further 52 jobs, amounting to 6% of the company's workforce. The Vermont-based company announced in May that it was to close two of its Vermont sites and expand a third, entailing 69 job losses. The restructuring is reported to be in order to bolster the company's leadership position in the increasingly competitive ice cream market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife