UK: Unilever's Birds Eye Walls announces layoffs
UK frozen food manufacturer Bird Eye Walls is to make 320 employees redundant. The redundancies will come at the company's Gloucester production facility, which has a total workforce of 773. It produces ice-cream brands including Cornetto, Solero and Magnum. Birds Eye Wall, a subsidiary of Anglo-Dutch consumer packaged goods giant Unilever, said that lowering costs at the plant had become "an urgent requirement".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery