CHILE: Unilever's Bresler agrees sale of Panda ice cream brand to Trendy
Chilean food company Industria de Alimentos Trendy has reached an agreement with Bresler Alimentos to acquire the Panda ice cream brand, which currently has a 10% share of the domestic ice cream market in terms of volume. Bresler Alimentos, the Chilean food division of Anglo-Dutch consumer products giant Unilever, said the sale is part of Unilever's global strategy to focus on the 400 brands that have the highest growth potential. Bresler owns the Magnum, Cornetto, Viennetta, Carte D'Or and Bresler brands in Chile, reported Estrategia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs