CHILE: Unilever's Bresler agrees sale of Panda ice cream brand to Trendy
Chilean food company Industria de Alimentos Trendy has reached an agreement with Bresler Alimentos to acquire the Panda ice cream brand, which currently has a 10% share of the domestic ice cream market in terms of volume. Bresler Alimentos, the Chilean food division of Anglo-Dutch consumer products giant Unilever, said the sale is part of Unilever's global strategy to focus on the 400 brands that have the highest growth potential. Bresler owns the Magnum, Cornetto, Viennetta, Carte D'Or and Bresler brands in Chile, reported Estrategia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project