CHILE: Unilever's Bresler agrees sale of Panda ice cream brand to Trendy
Chilean food company Industria de Alimentos Trendy has reached an agreement with Bresler Alimentos to acquire the Panda ice cream brand, which currently has a 10% share of the domestic ice cream market in terms of volume. Bresler Alimentos, the Chilean food division of Anglo-Dutch consumer products giant Unilever, said the sale is part of Unilever's global strategy to focus on the 400 brands that have the highest growth potential. Bresler owns the Magnum, Cornetto, Viennetta, Carte D'Or and Bresler brands in Chile, reported Estrategia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat