CHILE: Unilever's Bresler agrees sale of Panda ice cream brand to Trendy
Chilean food company Industria de Alimentos Trendy has reached an agreement with Bresler Alimentos to acquire the Panda ice cream brand, which currently has a 10% share of the domestic ice cream market in terms of volume. Bresler Alimentos, the Chilean food division of Anglo-Dutch consumer products giant Unilever, said the sale is part of Unilever's global strategy to focus on the 400 brands that have the highest growth potential. Bresler owns the Magnum, Cornetto, Viennetta, Carte D'Or and Bresler brands in Chile, reported Estrategia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid