CHILE: Unilever's Bresler agrees sale of Panda ice cream brand to Trendy
Chilean food company Industria de Alimentos Trendy has reached an agreement with Bresler Alimentos to acquire the Panda ice cream brand, which currently has a 10% share of the domestic ice cream market in terms of volume. Bresler Alimentos, the Chilean food division of Anglo-Dutch consumer products giant Unilever, said the sale is part of Unilever's global strategy to focus on the 400 brands that have the highest growth potential. Bresler owns the Magnum, Cornetto, Viennetta, Carte D'Or and Bresler brands in Chile, reported Estrategia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund