AUSTRALIA: Union concedes Arnott's factory will close
After intensive behind the scenes efforts to secure a buyer for the struggling Arnott's biscuit factory in Melbourne, the prime focus for a rescue deal, Snack Foods , has turned down the opportunity to buy the plant after disagreement with Arnott's, leaving the union campaigners to concede that it will close next year with the loss of over 600 jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs