CANADA: Union OKs deal as Loblaw prepares for Wal-Mart show-down
Unionised workers at Loblaw's Zehrs Markets, Loblaws Supermarkets, Fortino's and Real Canadian Superstores in Ontario have approved an agreement that will allow the company to convert up to a third of its Ontario outlets to a lower pay structure, a move that the company said will allow it to better compete with US rival Wal-Mart.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail