CANADA: Union OKs deal as Loblaw prepares for Wal-Mart show-down
Unionised workers at Loblaw's Zehrs Markets, Loblaws Supermarkets, Fortino's and Real Canadian Superstores in Ontario have approved an agreement that will allow the company to convert up to a third of its Ontario outlets to a lower pay structure, a move that the company said will allow it to better compete with US rival Wal-Mart.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund