CANADA: Union OKs deal as Loblaw prepares for Wal-Mart show-down
Unionised workers at Loblaw's Zehrs Markets, Loblaws Supermarkets, Fortino's and Real Canadian Superstores in Ontario have approved an agreement that will allow the company to convert up to a third of its Ontario outlets to a lower pay structure, a move that the company said will allow it to better compete with US rival Wal-Mart.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target