AUSTRALIA: Unions say meatworkers have no option but to strike
Unresolved talks with the Consolidated Meat Group (CMG) have left meatworkers with no choice but to strike, said the Meat Industry Union. According to ABC Regional News, the union has announced that employees at Rockhampton's Lakes Creek Meatworks will hold stoppages today [Thursday] and Friday, as well as next Monday and Tuesday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti