UK: Uniq chairman resigns
UK food group Uniq announced this morning (25 June) that its chairman, Ross Warburton, has resigned with immediate effect.
The company cited "personal reasons" for Warren's decision to leave the board.
Senior non-executive director John Warren has agreed to serve as interim chairman until a permanent successor is appointed.
Uniq added that it would make a further announcement as soon as an appointment is confirmed.
The food industry is one of the sectors most resilient to economic downturns but 2009 has not been without its challenges for the world's leading manufacturers. The turmoil seen on the financial marke...
LDC, the French poultry group, has insisted that it has made no decision on whether it would offload part of ready-meal unit Marie, which the company bought two months ago....
This was the week when even the ongoing speculation over the future of Cadbury was trumped as the headline-grabbing story. That honour fell to UK retail's leading Dutchman, Marc Bolland, who is set to...
UK convenience group Uniq has sold its Dutch businesses to Gilde Equity Management for an enterprise value of GBP18m (US$26.8m)....
This week saw Kraft Foods table its long-awaited formal offer for Cadbury, to mixed reactions. In other M&A news, IFR Capital purchased Uniq's Polish and German businesses as it looks to create a pan-...
The 'Kradbury' takeover saga took a further twist this week when Kraft Foods went hostile in its pursuit of Cadbury - and formally tabled the same bid it first proposed back in September. Unsurprising...
UK-based convenience food group Uniq has agreed to sell its German and Polish businesses to IFR Capital....
UK convenience food group Uniq said it expects full-year results for its continuing operations to be in line with expectations, boosted by the restructuring of its desserts business....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund