UK: Uniq - foot-and-mouth harms profits - COMMENT
Uniq has announced that foot-and-mouth will cut profits by GBP3.5 million. It's another major blow to Uniq's struggling pig meat processing business, Malton Foods. Losses for the division are now expected to be in the region of GBP12 million. Uniq's plans to refocus on the convenience food sector may be a good idea, but the UK firm's unlikely to get much done until the epidemic is over.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife