UK: Uniq - foot-and-mouth harms profits - COMMENT
Uniq has announced that foot-and-mouth will cut profits by GBP3.5 million. It's another major blow to Uniq's struggling pig meat processing business, Malton Foods. Losses for the division are now expected to be in the region of GBP12 million. Uniq's plans to refocus on the convenience food sector may be a good idea, but the UK firm's unlikely to get much done until the epidemic is over.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill