UK: Uniq reports improving sales, Dairy Crest set to buy St Ivel
Pan-European chilled food group Uniq has reported that its cumulative sales for the five-month period ending August 2002 are now ahead of last year. The strengthening of the euro relative to sterling has complemented the improvement in sales. Uniq reports that trading in northern Europe is ahead of last year. In southern Europe, the recovery of Uniq's Marie St-Hubert business continues, and sales in the chilled division have encouraged sales figures to move ahead of prior year levels. In the UK, the Uniq Prepared Foods division, which includes the St Ivel desserts business, has continued to perform strongly.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target