UK: Uniq reports improving sales, Dairy Crest set to buy St Ivel
Pan-European chilled food group Uniq has reported that its cumulative sales for the five-month period ending August 2002 are now ahead of last year. The strengthening of the euro relative to sterling has complemented the improvement in sales. Uniq reports that trading in northern Europe is ahead of last year. In southern Europe, the recovery of Uniq's Marie St-Hubert business continues, and sales in the chilled division have encouraged sales figures to move ahead of prior year levels. In the UK, the Uniq Prepared Foods division, which includes the St Ivel desserts business, has continued to perform strongly.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund