UK: Uniq reports improving sales, Dairy Crest set to buy St Ivel
Pan-European chilled food group Uniq has reported that its cumulative sales for the five-month period ending August 2002 are now ahead of last year. The strengthening of the euro relative to sterling has complemented the improvement in sales. Uniq reports that trading in northern Europe is ahead of last year. In southern Europe, the recovery of Uniq's Marie St-Hubert business continues, and sales in the chilled division have encouraged sales figures to move ahead of prior year levels. In the UK, the Uniq Prepared Foods division, which includes the St Ivel desserts business, has continued to perform strongly.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action