UK: Uniq sells Shape yoghurt to Danone - MEMBERS
UK food manufacturer Uniq has sold the Shape yoghurt brand to Danone of France for £32m (US$49m). The deal took analysts by surprise, as Swiss giant Nestlé was widely touted to take Shape, following its acquisition of Northern Foods' Ski brand earlier this year. Uniq put Shape and other St. Ivel brands such as Utterly Butterly on the market in June as it followed its plan to focus more intensely on chilled convenience foods in the UK and Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife