UK: Uniq sells Shape yoghurt to Danone - MEMBERS
UK food manufacturer Uniq has sold the Shape yoghurt brand to Danone of France for £32m (US$49m). The deal took analysts by surprise, as Swiss giant Nestlé was widely touted to take Shape, following its acquisition of Northern Foods' Ski brand earlier this year. Uniq put Shape and other St. Ivel brands such as Utterly Butterly on the market in June as it followed its plan to focus more intensely on chilled convenience foods in the UK and Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund