UK: Uniq sells Shape yoghurt to Danone - MEMBERS
UK food manufacturer Uniq has sold the Shape yoghurt brand to Danone of France for £32m (US$49m). The deal took analysts by surprise, as Swiss giant Nestlé was widely touted to take Shape, following its acquisition of Northern Foods' Ski brand earlier this year. Uniq put Shape and other St. Ivel brands such as Utterly Butterly on the market in June as it followed its plan to focus more intensely on chilled convenience foods in the UK and Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast