UK: Uniq sells Shape yoghurt to Danone - MEMBERS
UK food manufacturer Uniq has sold the Shape yoghurt brand to Danone of France for £32m (US$49m). The deal took analysts by surprise, as Swiss giant Nestlé was widely touted to take Shape, following its acquisition of Northern Foods' Ski brand earlier this year. Uniq put Shape and other St. Ivel brands such as Utterly Butterly on the market in June as it followed its plan to focus more intensely on chilled convenience foods in the UK and Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth