IRELAND: Uniq takeover boosts Greencore H1 profits
- Net profits amounted to GBP15.9m (US$21.5m) from net loss of GBP215,000
- Operating profits rise 36.7%
- Sales climb 49.9%
Greencore's acquisition of Uniq boosted profits
In the six months to 30 March, net profits amounted to GBP15.9m (US$21.5m) compared to a net loss of GBP215,000 last year. Pre-tax profits reached GBP15.8 from GBP2.1m, the company reported today (22 May).
Operating profits in the period rose by 36.7% to GBP25.1m from GBP31.7m, while sales climbed by 49.9% to GBP567.7m.
Greencore said its acquisition of Uniq last September, which manufactures Cadbury-branded chilled desserts, contributed to its increase in revenue.
"Our business has performed strongly in the first half of 2012," said CEO Patrick Coveney. "The acquisition of Uniq last year has reshaped our group and we are on track to deliver all of the targeted integration benefits.
"Despite the tough market conditions, which show no signs of abating, we continue to target strong growth in adjusted EPS for the financial year."
Looking ahead, the company said it does not expect to see "any material improvement" in the trading environment in the UK in the second half and is yet to see "a material easing" in inflationary pressure.
"Notwithstanding these pressures, we continue to target good underlying revenue growth and strong growth in adjusted earnings per share," the company added.
Click here to view the full earnings release.
Shares in Danone rose today (7 November) after reports activist investor Nelson Peltz had acquired a stake in the French food giant....
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- PepsiCo to close Australia crisps plant
- US dietary guidelines to ignore environment impact
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom