UK: Uniq's sale of Malton close to completion, is the rest of the business vulnerable to takeover?
Uniq is set to complete the sale of its struggling pork processing subsidiary Malton Foods to Aberdeen-based Grampian Country Foods for about £20m(US$29.47m). The buyout deal was looking unsteady at the end of last month, but the company revealed that with Grampian back at the table most of the terms have been agreed and a deal will be completed soon.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs