UK: Uniq's sale of Malton close to completion, is the rest of the business vulnerable to takeover?
Uniq is set to complete the sale of its struggling pork processing subsidiary Malton Foods to Aberdeen-based Grampian Country Foods for about £20m(US$29.47m). The buyout deal was looking unsteady at the end of last month, but the company revealed that with Grampian back at the table most of the terms have been agreed and a deal will be completed soon.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action