UK: Uniq's sale of Malton close to completion, is the rest of the business vulnerable to takeover?
Uniq is set to complete the sale of its struggling pork processing subsidiary Malton Foods to Aberdeen-based Grampian Country Foods for about £20m(US$29.47m). The buyout deal was looking unsteady at the end of last month, but the company revealed that with Grampian back at the table most of the terms have been agreed and a deal will be completed soon.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry