UK: United Biscuits complains to OFT about Wotsits sale to Pepsi’s Walkers
UK snack manufacturer United Biscuits has complained to the Office of Fair Trading about the proposed acquisition of the Wotsits brand by Walkers, a PepsiCo subsidiary. Pepsi last month announced it was acquiring the Wotsits cheesy puff brand as part of the break-up of Golden Wonder, with The Snack Factory buying the rest of the portfolio.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund