UK: United Biscuits complains to OFT about Wotsits sale to Pepsi’s Walkers
UK snack manufacturer United Biscuits has complained to the Office of Fair Trading about the proposed acquisition of the Wotsits brand by Walkers, a PepsiCo subsidiary. Pepsi last month announced it was acquiring the Wotsits cheesy puff brand as part of the break-up of Golden Wonder, with The Snack Factory buying the rest of the portfolio.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival