UK: United Biscuits complains to OFT about Wotsits sale to Pepsi’s Walkers
UK snack manufacturer United Biscuits has complained to the Office of Fair Trading about the proposed acquisition of the Wotsits brand by Walkers, a PepsiCo subsidiary. Pepsi last month announced it was acquiring the Wotsits cheesy puff brand as part of the break-up of Golden Wonder, with The Snack Factory buying the rest of the portfolio.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth