Food industry news of the week: United Biscuits, Dairy Crest
United Biscuits is set for a new owner - Turkey's Yildiz Holding. The UK-based snacks maker announced this week brands including McVitie's and BN would join Godiva chocolate in the Yildiz portfolio. The M&A spotlight was firmly on the UK last week, with German giant Müller striking a deal to buy Dairy Crest's liquid milk assets - competition approval pending.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry