SPAIN: United Biscuits denies plans to rethink closure of Spanish factory
UK food manufacturer United Biscuits has denied that it is having second thoughts about its planned closure of the Fontaneda factory in Aguilar de Campo, Palencia. Regional authorities announced earlier this week that the company had put its closure plans "on ice" while it gave further thought to the matter. Regional trade union secretary Juan Carlos Gonzalez said the multinational "had pulled the leg of the deputy head [of the regional labour department]" and that the company had "lost what little credibility it had left," reported El Pais.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife