SPAIN: United Biscuits denies plans to rethink closure of Spanish factory
UK food manufacturer United Biscuits has denied that it is having second thoughts about its planned closure of the Fontaneda factory in Aguilar de Campo, Palencia. Regional authorities announced earlier this week that the company had put its closure plans "on ice" while it gave further thought to the matter. Regional trade union secretary Juan Carlos Gonzalez said the multinational "had pulled the leg of the deputy head [of the regional labour department]" and that the company had "lost what little credibility it had left," reported El Pais.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review