UK: United Biscuits launches McVitie's brand extension
United Biscuits is targeting younger consumers with Quirks launch
United Biscuits is expanding its McVitie's biscuits range in the UK with the launch of the brand extension McVitie's Quirks.
Available for retailers to buy from the middle of the month, Quirks biscuits are aimed at "new, younger consumers", Victoria Gregory, marketing controller for McVitie's at United Biscuits, said.
Quirks have a "smooth, chocolately centre, fully-enclosed within a crunchy biscuit", the company added. There will be three variants available - Chocolate, Double Choc and Choc & Hazelnut - all of which will be packaged in a plastic tray and sold in 175g packs at a MRRP of GBP1.53 (US$2.46).
The company said that the range is expected to reach GBP30m in retail sales in the next three years.
The launch will be supported by a GBP3m marketing and advertising campaign to include TV, cinema, digital and in-store support.
Logistics companies, far from being simple hauliers, have adapted to meet the increasingly complicated and specialised needs of customers in the food manufacture and retail spheres, such as tracking a...
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast