UK: United Biscuits' McVitie's Digestives to sponsor AC Milan
McVitie's Digestives will sponsor AC Milan for the 2012/2013 football season
United Biscuits has secured a sponsorship deal with Italian football team AC Milan for its McVitie's Digestives brand.
The deal, which will run from July, will see the biscuit become an "official partner" to the team until the end of the season in 2013. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
A spokesperson for United Biscuits said McVitie's is seen a "very British brand" in Italy and claimed the opportunity to sponsor the team was "a good one".
United Biscuits country manager Luca Alessandri said: "2012 is a big year for McVitie's Digestives as it marks our 120th anniversary. Italy is a huge market for McVitie's Digestives, with 8.3m packs sold in 2011 alone. The secret to the Digestive's worldwide fame may be the fact that it's suited to every occasion - whether eaten as a tea-time treat in Britain, with cheese in Sweden or with milk or a coffee for breakfast in Italy."
Kraft Foods officially completed its split into two companies last week: high-growth global snacks firm Mondelez International and Kraft Foods Group, a North American grocery powerhouse. Tesco and Sai...
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO
- Kerry foods Q1 volumes lifted by NPD