UK: United Biscuits to cut 900 jobs
UK snack manufacturer United Biscuits is to cut up to 900 jobs when it closes its biscuit factory in Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire, at the end of 2004. The company said the decision arose from a need to move production to the company's other biscuit sites, which are bigger and have greater capacity for growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti