BULGARIA: United Milk issues EUR5m bond
One of the largest Bulgarian dairy producers, United Milk Company (UMC), issued a EUR5m (US$5.94) corporate bond in the beginning of January.
The five-year bond that will pay interest of 8% will be listed on the Bulgarian bourse, Reuters has reported.
As much as 70% of the bond was purchased by local investors, approximately 20% was bought by US buyers and the remaining 10% was picked up by European investors.
Cash generated by the bond will be used to refinance a EUR3m loan from Postbank, fund the reconstruction and expansion of the company's Plovdiv milk plant and complete construction of a Feta cheese production site.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin