UK: United Milk plans large scale producer-owned processing plants
Announcing a plan for large-scale, producer-owned processing to farmers in southern, southwestern and central England, United Milk will shortly be inviting dairy farmers to invest in 'tomorrow's dairy company', in a bid to reverse the fortunes of UK milk producers."We believe our plans to establish a world class, producer-owned milk processing and manufacturing business represents one of the most significant developments in UK dairy farming since the creation of the Milk Marketing Board in the 1930s," announced Richard Ashworth, chairman, United Milk plc.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units