UK: United Milk plans large scale producer-owned processing plants
Announcing a plan for large-scale, producer-owned processing to farmers in southern, southwestern and central England, United Milk will shortly be inviting dairy farmers to invest in 'tomorrow's dairy company', in a bid to reverse the fortunes of UK milk producers."We believe our plans to establish a world class, producer-owned milk processing and manufacturing business represents one of the most significant developments in UK dairy farming since the creation of the Milk Marketing Board in the 1930s," announced Richard Ashworth, chairman, United Milk plc.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund