UK: United Milk takeover talks given more time
Talks aimed at preventing UK milk processor United Milk from going out of business have been extended by two weeks, according to a consortium of farmer-owned cooperatives that are trying to buy the business. A spokesman for the consortium, which includes Dairy Farmers of Britain, First Milk and Milk Link, said the extra time had been granted by the receiver, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, in order for a deal to be reached.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife