UK: United Milk takeover talks given more time
Talks aimed at preventing UK milk processor United Milk from going out of business have been extended by two weeks, according to a consortium of farmer-owned cooperatives that are trying to buy the business. A spokesman for the consortium, which includes Dairy Farmers of Britain, First Milk and Milk Link, said the extra time had been granted by the receiver, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, in order for a deal to be reached.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO