USA: United Natural Foods announces fiscal 2001 second quarter results
United Natural Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: UNFI) today announced results for the second quarter of fiscal 2001, ending January 31, 2001, in line with the Company's recent guidance. Net sales for fiscal year 2001's second quarter totaled $244.4 million, a 5.6% increase over the $231.4 million recorded in the second quarter a year ago. Net sales for the six months ended January 31, 2001 were $488.6 million, an 8.6% increase over the comparable prior year period. As previously reported, second quarter top-line growth was adversely impacted by the closure of several internet-based companies and several Wild Oats stores that generated sales in the prior year, as well as increased sales volume in the prior year resulting from Year 2000 concerns.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega