USA: United Natural Foods announces fiscal 2001 second quarter results
United Natural Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: UNFI) today announced results for the second quarter of fiscal 2001, ending January 31, 2001, in line with the Company's recent guidance. Net sales for fiscal year 2001's second quarter totaled $244.4 million, a 5.6% increase over the $231.4 million recorded in the second quarter a year ago. Net sales for the six months ended January 31, 2001 were $488.6 million, an 8.6% increase over the comparable prior year period. As previously reported, second quarter top-line growth was adversely impacted by the closure of several internet-based companies and several Wild Oats stores that generated sales in the prior year, as well as increased sales volume in the prior year resulting from Year 2000 concerns.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre