USA: United Natural Foods announces fiscal 2001 third quarter results
United Natural Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: UNFI) today announced that earnings for the third quarter of fiscal 2001, ending April 30, 2001, were in line with the Company's recent guidance. Net sales for the third quarter of fiscal 2001 totaled $258.5 million, a 12.8% increase over the $229.2 million reported in the third quarter of fiscal 2000, slightly above the Company's guidance of 7 - 11% sales growth. This increase was primarily attributable to increased sales throughout all divisions and distribution channels including super naturals, independents and mass market. Net sales for the nine months ended April 30, 2001 were $747.1 million, a 10.0% increase over the $679.0 million reported in the comparable prior year period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid