USA: United Natural Foods announces management changes
United Natural Foods has announced that Steven H. Townsend has been appointed to the position of president and chief executive officer effective 1 January 2003. Michael S. Funk, currently United Natural Foods' chief executive officer and vice chair of the board, has been elected chair of the board of directors. Thomas B. Simone, who has been a member of the company's board of directors since October 1996 and has served as chair of the board of directors since December 1999, is stepping down from the chair position and will be vice chair of the board.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife