USA: United Natural Foods completes Blooming Prairie acquisition
United Natural Foods today [Tuesday] announced it has completed the acquisition of privately held Blooming Prairie Cooperative, the largest volume distributor of natural foods in the Midwest region of the US. Blooming Prairie, headquartered in Iowa City and in business since 1974, recorded sales of approximately US$130m for the last twelve months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery