USA: United Natural Foods completes Blooming Prairie acquisition
United Natural Foods today [Tuesday] announced it has completed the acquisition of privately held Blooming Prairie Cooperative, the largest volume distributor of natural foods in the Midwest region of the US. Blooming Prairie, headquartered in Iowa City and in business since 1974, recorded sales of approximately US$130m for the last twelve months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units