USA: United Natural Foods offers outlook for 2003
Dayville, Conn.-based United Natural Foods, has announced that it anticipates revenues, for the FY ending 31 July 2003, in the range of US$1.15m to US$1.17m with net income, excluding special items, in the range of US$1.18-US$1.20 per diluted share. The distributer also noted that gross margin is expected to be slightly above 20% while operating margin is expected to be slightly below 4%. Operating expenses as a percentage of sales are expected to be in the mid-16% range, and interest expense is expected to be approximately 50 basis points of sales. United's FY 2003 financial guidance reflects the anticipated impact of not renewing, as previously announced, the primary distribution agreement with Wild Oats past its current expiration date of 31 August 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth