USA: United Natural Foods posts 10.9% rise in Q1 net sales
US natural food distributor United Natural Foods has reported net income, excluding special items, of US$5.4m for the first quarter of fiscal 2003, up 9% from the first quarter of the previous year. The company's net sales for the quarter ended 31 October 2002 were $311m, an increase of 10.9% from the year-ago period. United Natural Foods attributed the increase to growth in the independent and mass market distribution channels of around 11.8% and 21.4% respectively.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea