USA: United Natural Foods posts 10.9% rise in Q1 net sales
US natural food distributor United Natural Foods has reported net income, excluding special items, of US$5.4m for the first quarter of fiscal 2003, up 9% from the first quarter of the previous year. The company's net sales for the quarter ended 31 October 2002 were $311m, an increase of 10.9% from the year-ago period. United Natural Foods attributed the increase to growth in the independent and mass market distribution channels of around 11.8% and 21.4% respectively.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant