USA: United Natural Foods to buy Blooming Prairie Cooperative
United Natural Foods today [Tuesday] announced it has signed a letter of intent to acquire Blooming Prairie Cooperative, the largest volume distributor of natural foods in the Midwest region of the US. Blooming Prairie, headquartered in Iowa City, IA and in business since 1974, had approximately US$130m in sales for the latest twelve months. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Consummation of the acquisition is contingent, among other things, upon execution of an asset purchase agreement and approval by the members of Blooming Prairie.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review