USA: United Natural Foods to buy Blooming Prairie Cooperative
United Natural Foods today [Tuesday] announced it has signed a letter of intent to acquire Blooming Prairie Cooperative, the largest volume distributor of natural foods in the Midwest region of the US. Blooming Prairie, headquartered in Iowa City, IA and in business since 1974, had approximately US$130m in sales for the latest twelve months. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Consummation of the acquisition is contingent, among other things, upon execution of an asset purchase agreement and approval by the members of Blooming Prairie.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch