US: United Natural names president and CEO
United Natural Foods, the US food distribution group, has named Steven Spinner as its president and CEO.
Spinner, 48, was formerly president and CEO at foodservice distributor Performance Food Group but left the company in May when it was acquired by a private equity consortium.
He replaces Michael Funk, who has spent 32 years at UNFI and will remain at the company as chairman of the board.
Current chairman Thomas Simone, who has been appointed as vice chair, said: "The board has been integrally involved in the succession planning process and believes Steven's experience makes him the right person to lead the company through its next phase of growth."
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations