US: United Natural names president and CEO
United Natural Foods, the US food distribution group, has named Steven Spinner as its president and CEO.
Spinner, 48, was formerly president and CEO at foodservice distributor Performance Food Group but left the company in May when it was acquired by a private equity consortium.
He replaces Michael Funk, who has spent 32 years at UNFI and will remain at the company as chairman of the board.
Current chairman Thomas Simone, who has been appointed as vice chair, said: "The board has been integrally involved in the succession planning process and believes Steven's experience makes him the right person to lead the company through its next phase of growth."
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund