US: UNIVEG buys Chiquita unit
Chiquita Brands International has completed the sale of Atlanta AG to UNIVEG Fruit and Vegetables, a Belgium-based fruit distributor.
UNIVEG paid EUR65m (US$92m) for the Chiquita unit, including adjustments for working capital and debt.
The transaction also covers a long-term strategic agreement that will see Atlanta AG continue as Chiquita's preferred supplier of banana ripening and distribution in Germany, Austria and Denmark.
Chiquita said it expects a one-time tax benefit from the deal and it will use the proceeds to pay down debt.
Campbell Soup Co. today (12 February) announced the appointment of Peter Foyston as general manager of its operations in Greater China....
Dole Food has reached an agreement with the European Commission that will see it pay a EUR45.6m (US$58.4m) fine in instalments for its role in a price-fixing cartel....
Chiquita Brands International said today (9 December) that it successfully raised local banana price increases across all the markets it operates in during October and November in order to offset high...
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action