NEW ZEALAND: Universal barcodes initiative for NZ produce
An initiative to barcode every fresh produce item in the country is being launched this month by EAN New Zealand. Barcodes are generally too large to be applied to every piece of fresh produce, but EANs's CEO Margaret Fitzgerald said that the company was circumventing this problem by using a four-digit price look up (PLU) system.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw