NEW ZEALAND: Universal barcodes initiative for NZ produce
An initiative to barcode every fresh produce item in the country is being launched this month by EAN New Zealand. Barcodes are generally too large to be applied to every piece of fresh produce, but EANs's CEO Margaret Fitzgerald said that the company was circumventing this problem by using a four-digit price look up (PLU) system.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti