USA: McDonald's: unlikely crusader against obesity (COMMENT)
A three-tiered balanced lifestyle initiative by McDonald's launched this week is the largest initiative so far by the private sector in the fight against obesity in the US. Staged for rollout over the course of 2004, the fastfood giant is clearly hoping to reposition itself to the 'good' side of one of the US's biggest health battles.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target