NEW ZEALAND: Unlisted North Meats ups stake in Richmond, dashes PPCS’ hopes
Unlisted meat processor North Meats today [Monday] upped its stake in takeover target Richmond to over 10%, making it impossible for rival processor PPCS to take complete control of Richmond. North Meats chairman Norman McRae insisted the acquisition, which more than doubled his company's stake in Richmond, was not a prelude to a takeover attempt: "We are not making a takeover bid for the company," McRae told Dow Jones Newswires. He acknowledged the deal would probably block a takeover bid by PPCS.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods