NEW ZEALAND: Unlisted North Meats ups stake in Richmond, dashes PPCS’ hopes
Unlisted meat processor North Meats today [Monday] upped its stake in takeover target Richmond to over 10%, making it impossible for rival processor PPCS to take complete control of Richmond. North Meats chairman Norman McRae insisted the acquisition, which more than doubled his company's stake in Richmond, was not a prelude to a takeover attempt: "We are not making a takeover bid for the company," McRae told Dow Jones Newswires. He acknowledged the deal would probably block a takeover bid by PPCS.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods