USA: US announces $5m funding for food security research
US Secretary of Health and Human Services, Tommy G. Thompson, has announced US$5m in funding to support a new research programme to develop technologies and strategies to prevent and minimise potential threats to the safety and security of the US food supply. The announcement came as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a new report highlighting the department's progress toward enhancing the nation's food security, including an increase in the number of imported food examinations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs