UK: US bans EU meat exports as foot and mouth spreads international panic
With one confirmed case in France and the continuing rise of cases in the UK, the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia banned all imports of animals and fresh meat from the EU. In the UK, the total number of confirmed cases stood at 214 on Wednesday, while French authorities warned there could be more outbreaks to come. Italian health authorities reported a suspected case in Pescara, south east of Rome, on Tuesday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw