UK: US bans EU meat exports as foot and mouth spreads international panic
With one confirmed case in France and the continuing rise of cases in the UK, the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia banned all imports of animals and fresh meat from the EU. In the UK, the total number of confirmed cases stood at 214 on Wednesday, while French authorities warned there could be more outbreaks to come. Italian health authorities reported a suspected case in Pescara, south east of Rome, on Tuesday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO