JAPAN: US beef imports to resume
The Japanese and US Governments have reached an agreement on the conditions to resume importing US beef to Japan.
Beef imports were suspended in January after Japanese authorities found prohibited cuts in a shipment of US beef.
If everything goes smoothly, the Japan Times reported, the Japanese Government is likely to make a decision on whether or not to resume imports by the end of June and US beef could start entering the Japanese market in July.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO