JAPAN/USA: US beef shipments to Japan fall 31% in Q4 2001
Beef exports from the US to Japan declined by a massive 31% in the final quarter of last year, compared with the same period of 2000. The head of the US Meat Export Federation ( USMEF ) was quick to attribute the decline to consumer concern over the autumn outbreak of BSE in Japan. The fall also reflects the fact that 2000 was a record year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch