CANADA: US cheese price hike boosts Saputo profits
Higher cheese prices in the US have helped push up Sauputo's quarterly profits
Higher cheese prices in the US have helped push up quarterly profits at Saputo, the Canadian dairy group said today (3 August).
Saputo's net earnings climbed 31.4% to C$111.4m during the first quarter of the company's fiscal year, a quarter that ended on 30 June.
The improved bottom line came as Saputo's EBIDTA increased 20.4% to C$190.8m thanks to "operational efficiencies" and "more favourable market conditions" in the US, the company said.
The EBITDA from Saputo's US dairy products business jumped by more than 57% to C$65m as cheese prices rose.
The inclusion of last June's acquisition of F&A Dairy into the numbers also helped Saputo's EBITDA in the US.
EBITDA from Saputo's Canadian, European and Argentinean businesses was up 8.1% at C$121.7m.
Lower volumes from those regions weighed on Saputo's turnover, which dipped 0.7% to C$1.44bn.
George Weston Ltd, Canada's largest food processor, has announced it will pay a one-time common share dividend of C$1bn (US$993.4m)....
Canadian dairy processor Saputo is investigating the cause of a listeria contamination that led to it recalling several lots of cheese from a Quebec plant....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis