USA: US confectionery - can Hershey continue its growth? - RESEARCH (Members)
Hershey's Q3 earnings were up 12%, thanks to strong sales in its recently acquired mint and gum business. This growth is expected to continue albeit at a slower rate, as the American hunger for all things sugary drives the value of the confectionery market slowly but steadily higher. The US market for gum will grow the fastest over the next four years, reaching $2.4 billion in 2005. The markets for chocolate and sugar confectionery will also increase over this period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target