USA: US economy - ignore the self-fulfilling prophets of doom - COMMENT (Members)
The US economy declined at the sharpest rate for 10 years in Q3. Despite the downbeat economic news, inflation is no longer a concern, and fiscal and monetary policies are in place to resuscitate the economy. However, consumers, manufacturers and retailers must not allow panic to derail the speed and strength of the eventual upturn. Instead, they should stick to their existing long-term plans as close as possible.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods