USA: US economy - ignore the self-fulfilling prophets of doom - COMMENT (Members)
The US economy declined at the sharpest rate for 10 years in Q3. Despite the downbeat economic news, inflation is no longer a concern, and fiscal and monetary policies are in place to resuscitate the economy. However, consumers, manufacturers and retailers must not allow panic to derail the speed and strength of the eventual upturn. Instead, they should stick to their existing long-term plans as close as possible.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch