USA: US economy - ignore the self-fulfilling prophets of doom - COMMENT (Members)
The US economy declined at the sharpest rate for 10 years in Q3. Despite the downbeat economic news, inflation is no longer a concern, and fiscal and monetary policies are in place to resuscitate the economy. However, consumers, manufacturers and retailers must not allow panic to derail the speed and strength of the eventual upturn. Instead, they should stick to their existing long-term plans as close as possible.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix